BED BUG CONTROL
Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs are a serious pest and we commonly service for them in Hotels, Apartments, Cruise Ships, Hospitals, and Dorm Rooms. Although they are not known to spread diseases, they are very much a nuisance. Bed Bugs are resistant to many different types of products so a diversified control strategy must be implemented.
- After a detailed inspection, Arrow can utilize Adulticides, ULV Aerosol Machines, Insect Growth Regulators, Dusts, Steam, Bed Bug Proof Mattress Covers, and Bed Bug Monitors.
Bed Bug Treatment Solutions
Once we’ve been contacted about a bed bug problem, the first step in treatment is preparation. Improper preparation often accounts for over 50% of bed bug treatment failures. Without proper preparation, the risk of reintroducing bed bugs greatly increases. We recommend that all of our bed bug clients follow the following treatment preparation procedures:
- Strip the beds and launder all sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads, and blankets.
- Remove everything from bedroom closets and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Remove everything from dresser drawers, nightstands, and dressing tables, and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Have all clothing and fabrics laundered (hot wash/ hot dryer cycle) or dry-cleaned.
- Remove drapes and have them laundered, dry-cleaned, or replaced.
- Discard cardboard boxes, shoe-boxes, paper and plastic bags, old newspapers, stacks of magazines, and similar items in all potentially infested rooms.
- Vacuum all infested rooms, including the floor, mattresses, bed springs, couches, chairs, closets and closet shelves, shoes, inside dresser drawers and bedside drawers. Vacuum bags are to be placed in a sealed plastic bag and discarded outside. Do not reuse plastic bags.
- All loose items that aren’t discarded need to be placed in a sealed bag in the infested room for inspection and treatment.